From time to time we get couples that request resorts to get married where they can bring their dog in tow. Oftentimes, these little pooches are akin to the children of our prenuptials, and they couldn`t imagine getting married without their little ones. Grand Velas Riviera Maya has a pet friendly policy, so it`s definitely a hotel worth considering if you don`t want to leave Fido back at home.
Here are some details of the Grand Velas Pet Policy (this is for dogs only!):
– Cost: $75 USD per night, per pet. A separate account will be opened for pet charges.
– Maximum weight limit: 25 lbs. / 11.34 kg (Only service animals of higher weight are allowed).
– Pets must be watched and cared for by their owners and must be leashed in common areas.
– Pets are not allowed in buffet or specialty restaurants, the Spa or pool areas.
– Pets may never be left alone in any part of the resort, including the suite. The person responsible for the pet must remain present during cleaning or maintenance of the suite.
– Pets may not sleep on beds, rugs or carpeting. A special pet bed will be provided.
– Pet owners must clean up pet waste on the property and surrounding areas.
– Any disturbances by the pet must be reduced in order to avoid inconvenience to others.
– Guests release the resort from responsibility for damages to the property and/or personal injury caused by their pet. Guests assume total responsibility for damages and/or injuries.
– The resort reserves the right to charge any damage-related costs to the guest’s account.