You would be hard-pressed to find someone who couldn’t hum the Star Wars theme song, or even sing a few lines from “Over the Rainbow”. Just like an epic film score during a climactic scene in a movie, music can play a significant role in making your wedding day memorable. The songs you choose will set the tone, tell a story and of course, start the party!
As you choose the music for the day there are a number of things you will need to think about: pre-ceremony background music, ceremony music (processional and recessional songs), cocktail music and reception music (first dance, father-daughter, mother-son and dance music). The music selections should be personal and act as a reflection of you, the bride and groom. Maybe on your first road trip together you listened to the entire Bruce Springsteen discography, why not use “If I Should Fall Behind” for your first dance?!
Your options are truly limitless, so don’t feel like you have to stick to more traditional choices. Recently our playlists have been featuring a lot of classic songs with a bit of a twist. Here are ten cover songs that are making us hit repeat over and over again right now.
1) We Found Love – Ed Sheeran (originally by Rihanna)
2) How Deep Is Your Love – The Bird & The Bee (originally by The Bee Gees)
3) Somewhere Only We Know – Lily Allen (originally by Keane)
4) Maybe I’m Amazed – Jem (originally by Paul McCartney)
5) What A Wonderful World – Eva Cassidy (originally by Louis Armstrong)
6) All Of Me – Post Modern Jukebox (originally by John Legend)
7) Your Song – Ellie Goulding (originally by Elton John)
8) Dearest – The Black Keys (originally by Buddy Holly)
9) Unchained Melody – Cyndi Lauper (originally by The Righteous Brothers)
10) Make You Feel My Love – Adele (originally by Bob Dylan)