10 Dos & Don’ts for the Night Before Your Wedding
You’ve finalized the wedding details, safely arrived in destination, had a glass of champagne to start the celebrations and successfully managed not to freak out. The night before the wedding has arrived and you’re so excited to finally say “I Do”! You’re wondering what’s next, and can’t handle all of the anticipation. So what do you do on the evening before the wedding? See below for our tips and the 10 Do’s and Don’ts for the night before your wedding:
- Do use this time to give your bridesmaids their gifts and tell them just how special this whole process has been with them by your side.
- Do spend the night away from your future Hubby or Wifey. You’re going to have the rest of your lives to spend together, so enjoy this one last night with your girls before you’re officially a Misses!
- Do have a slumber party with your bridesmaids and reminisce about how you and your main squeeze met. Tell stories, share photos, and most importantly LAUGH!
- Do make sure you hydrate for glowing skin. Water only!
- Do take off all of your makeup, moisturize, and even put some cucumbers on your eyes to decrease puffiness.
- Do wash your hair so that it’s not too clean in the morning. Hair that is too clean usually doesn’t curl or style as well.
- Do shave your legs, moisturize your body from head to toe, and pamper yourself. Make sure you bring some after shave cream if you’re prone to bumps!
- Do take one final look at your vows and make any last minute changes if needed.
- Do enjoy your rehearsal dinner (if having one), and use this time to celebrate how special it is to have your closest family and friends with you for this monumental event.
- Do give your future husband or wife a big hug and kiss goodnight, and tell them how excited you are to see them tomorrow as a BRIDE!
- Don’t meticulously go over the wedding details or stress yourself out. Your wedding coordinator and bridesmaids are there to help and solve problems for any snags that the day might bring.
- Don’t try a new makeup product or face mask if you have sensitive skin. You don’t want to have red or peeling skin for your wedding day!
- Don’t self-tan. Tanning products usually have a funny smell and can stain clothing easily. To be safe, we suggest getting a spray tan before you leave for your destination wedding.
- Don’t take a sleeping pill or anti-histamine. If you’re sensitive to medication, it would be unfortunate to be groggy or feel the woozy on the big day. We know you’re excited for the wedding and might not be able to sleep, but we suggest using a more natural relaxation technique like using lavender essential oils or asking one of your bridesmaids to give you a massage.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol at the rehearsal dinner. We know you’re getting excited about the wedding events, but nothing would be worse than being hungover or looking tired on the wedding day. We suggest sticking to 1 glass of champagne during the toasts.
- Don’t eat any foods that might make you bloated, sick, or breakout! We suggest staying away from cheese, grains, and heavy foods. Snack on something healthy and filling such as nuts, veggies, or fruits.
- Don’t do anything too adventurous. If your bridesmaids have planned something for you like a scavenger hunt or high energy activity, we suggest that you kindly decline. Nothing would be worse than accidentally breaking a bone from having too much fun the night before the wedding.
- Don’t text or call your fiancée the night before the wedding. They’re probably spending time with their friends or parents, and will be so excited to finally see you after a night away!
- Don’t stay up too late watching TV or chatting. Let your ladies know that you have a strict 11:30pm bed time since you’ll be up and moving early in the morning.
- Don’t worry. We know this one is hard. We all want to know that the future holds and it’s hard not to be anxious about one of the biggest days of your life. Breathe deep, smile, and know that everything is going to be okay. You’re getting married!
29 September 2017